St. Elizabeth’s Church in Pärnu was completed in 1747 but consecrated only in 1750 due to interior works. The church got its current shape in 1893, when a transept was added to the church. The church was reconsecrated on 19 October 1893.
On 24 February 1918, the day after the Estonian Declaration of Independence was read from the balcony of Endla Theatre in Pärnu, pastor Johannes Hasselblatt recited the Declaration of Independence at a church service in St. Elizabeth’s Church. Exactly 100 years later, on 24 February 2018, one of his successors commemorated the event by reading out the Declaration of Independence in the church.
The church has two organs and both of them are highly valued by organists.
In 2018, extensive restoration work began at the church and the tower of the church is currently undergoing renovation.