EUROPA - Maarjamäe castle

In stock: 1 pcs
Reference:
4740352116559
Issue Date: 08.05.2017
Designer: Jaan Saar
Number: 655-08.05.17
Stamp zone: To Europe
Stamp type: Classical
Last items in stock
1.40 €
That many products are not allowed per cart!
Description

The design of the Castle of Keila - Joa was made by the Saint Peterburg architect Hans Stackenschneider who later became a court architect and the most important representative of the historical style in Russia. The castle was built next to the Keila river on the right bank and it was one of the first neo-Gothic style buildings in Estonia. The flat roof two storey building is characterized by lancet arch windows and a tower with a crenelated balustrade in the back corner of the building. The manor house complex has been built in 1833. The design of the Maarjamäe summer estate that lies on the eastern coast of the Tallinn Bay was made by professor Robert Gödicke of the St Petersburg Art Academy, while the building work was directed by Nikolai Thamm, student of the St Petersburg Art Academy, and the building was probably completed in 1874. The most remarkable part of the historicist main building is its tower that is pseudo-Gothic in form, quadrangular at the base and octagonal at the top. Above the spectacular portal that vivifies the facade has been fastened the arms of Orlov - Davõdovs with the motto, Fortitudine et Constantia. The design of the Castle of Keila - Joa was made by the Saint Peterburg architect Hans Stackenschneider who later became a court architect and the most important representative of the historical style in Russia. The castle was built next to the Keila river on the right bank and it was one of the first neo-Gothic style buildings in Estonia. The flat roof two storey building is characterized by lancet arch windows and a tower with a crenelated balustrade in the back corner of the building. The manor house complex has been built in 1833. The design of the Maarjamäe summer estate that lies on the eastern coast of the Tallinn Bay was made by professor Robert Gödicke of the St Petersburg Art Academy, while the building work was directed by Nikolai Thamm, student of the St Petersburg Art Academy, and the building was probably completed in 1874. The most remarkable part of the historicist main building is its tower that is pseudo-Gothic in form, quadrangular at the base and octagonal at the top. Above the spectacular portal that vivifies the facade has been fastened the arms of Orlov - Davõdovs with the motto, Fortitudine et Constantia.

Product Details
4740352116559

Data sheet

Quantity issued:
45000
Perforation:
14 x 13¾
Printer:
AS Vaba Maa
Print:
offset
Sheets:
2 x 5
Size:
40.8 x 29.1 mm
Primary theme:
EUROPA
Year:
2017

Get our latest news and special sales

I wish to receive marketing offers (discounts, campaigns, games) as well as news from Omniva. Principles for processing data are available HERE: https://www.omniva.ee/about_us/data_protection/

Menu

Settings