Kalvi Hall stands on the high North Estonian limestone coast with wonderful views of the sea opening from its windows. Since its first mention in 1485 the manor has belonged to numerous different owners. The old mansion, built on the foundations of the earlier vassal castle in 1770, was badly damaged in a fire in 1910 and the then owner, Nikolai von Stackelberg, had a new manor hall built slightly north of the earlier location. The exterior finish of the massive Tudor style building, designed by the St. Petersburg architect W. Karpowicz, is in granite ashlars on the outside, with solid corner towers and narrow windows. It was a state-of-the-art building at the time of its completion in 1913 - it had its own electric power plant and a garage. The magnificent entrance hall rises though two floors. Since 1948 the earlier manor hall has served as sanatorium and holiday camp. At present it is operated as a luxury hotel.