The first information about Sagadi, a former manor in the eastern part of the present Lahemaa National Park, dates back to the 15th century. Having earlier belonged to different owners, it passed to the Swedish adjutant general Gideon von Fock in 1684 and remained in the hands of the family until 1919. In around 1750 the earlier wooden house was replaced by a a one-storied mansion with a rococo façade. At the end of the century Gideon Ernst von Fock had it redecorated in early Classical style and added long side wings to the structure. A Neo-Renaissance balcony was completed at the back of the building in 1894. The large green in front of the house is symmetrically lined with outbuildings (storehouses, stables, servants’ quarters etc), as well as a park and an orchard. In 1929-1974 the mansion was used as school and later a forestry training centre. At present the mansion serves as the Sagadi Forest Centre, with a hotel, restaurant and forest museum in the outbuildings.